Sunday Morning Celebration
The Sunday morning meeting is a bilingual celebration of praise, friendship and discovery of God’s word. It’s the family of God coming together to end a week and start a new one together. There is a dynamic of freedom when heaven is opened above us and God manifests his presence in the assembly. Whether it is by spontaneous songs, dances, or inspired declarations, cries of joy or tears of supplication, prophetic paintings or miraculous healings, when heaven touches earth an abundant life is created.
A First Visit
If it’s your first visit to the Sunday morning celebration:
- Take a deep breath and feel at ease.
- It’s a joy for us to meet you.
- Our greeters at the entrance to the sanctuary will help you to familiarize yourself with the place and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Don’t feel obligated to give. Our church is supported by donations from its regular attendees. You are our guest today.
- When the meeting is over, feel free to come to the front. We have designated individuals who will be happy to pray with you or offer you spiritual guidance.
Our services start at 10:30 am
There is prayer in the sanctuary from 10:00 am to 10:25 am
On Sunday mornings we have a nursery ministry for children between the ages of 1½ and 3½, and a Sunday school program for children between the ages of 3½ and 12. The children are not dismissed until partway through the service (usually after the worship). Parents please note that for security reasons you must sign for your children when you drop them off at Sunday school and before they can be released from their class at the end of the service. Children should be picked up from their classes immediately after the service.
We consider it both a privilege and a responsibility to contribute financially to the church and to honour God with a part of our income. Knowing that every seed produces fruit, it is with joy that we participate in the Sunday morning offering, according to the words of the apostle Paul:
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
Église Le Chemin is a registered charity and at the end of each year we issue receipts for income tax purposes for donations of $20.00 or more.
You can give:
– by cheque (made payable to Le Chemin)
– with our Interac system (at the welcome counter)
– on our website (make a donation)
You can use the envelopes that are located at the welcome counter for cash or cheque donations. (Please write your name and full mailing address legibly.)